Do you want to know how to change institution in JAMB? The process is very simple and straightforward. You can learn how to change the institution you selected on your JAMB application form below.
JAMB change of institution
JAMB change of institution is one of the many services of the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) which allows candidates to apply for a change of institution shortly after the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results have been released. This service does not include only the change of your institution of choice; you can also do a change of course. The change of institution form is available as “Change of Course/Institution” on JAMB website. And it can be carried out only on JAMB website. The cost for this service is 2,500 Naira.
READ ALSO: How to print original JAMB result slip
Is JAMB change of institution still on sale?
JAMB change of institution is done online and the closing date has not been announced yet. Most times, candidates can still apply for change of institution until all admission for the year has been concluded. But it is better to contact JAMB office for furthernclarification.
READ ALSO: JAMB statistics in 2018
How to do change of institution
To do your JAMB change of institution, these are the steps you have to follow:
- Go to the JAMB official website https://www.jamb.org.ng/.
- On the landing page, you will see a list of services. Go to “Application for Correction of Data” and click on “Click here to proceed.”
- You will see a list of service including "Change of Course/Institution". Go to "Change of Course/Institution" and click on “Click here to proceed.”
- You will see a list of instructions that you are to follow. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Click here to begin.”
- A new tab will open where you will be required to enter your login details.
- You can skip all the steps above and go directly to the login page using this link: http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility./ or clicking on the Create e-Facility Account/ Login option on the homepage.
- Once you are logged in, you will see all the available JAMB services on the landing page.
- Choose the “Correction of Data” service which you should see on the sidebar or the Home page depending on which route you take.
- Under the menu option for “Correction of Data,” choose “Course/Institution.”
- Immediately after selecting this option, a Transaction ID will be generated and displayed on the confirmation page screen.
READ ALSO: Best JAMB result in Nigeria
- Go through the details displayed on the confirmation page thoroughly. Take note of the Transaction ID also because you will need it for every future reference concerning the change of institution you are trying to carry out. The Transaction ID will also be sent to your registered email, but preferably it might be better to write down/copy it somewhere safe where you can easily access it when you need it.
- After verifying everything on the confirmation page, select the Continue option if you are ready to pay with your card instantly. If you want to pay using any of the other payment options such as Cash at the Bank, Automated Teller Machine (ATM) or Quickteller, please note that you will need the transaction ID.
- If you are paying with a card, you will be directed to the Interswitch Payment page where you will be required to enter your card details.
- Click on "Pay" when you are through entering your card details.
- You can check the status of your payment under the section titled “My Payment”. An email and SMS containing the status of your payment and your unique transaction ID will be sent to you immediately your payment has been processed.
- Select "Continue" to proceed.
- After the payment, you will be able to provide your JAMB Registration Number and the Year of Exam.
- After entering this information and it has been verified to be correct, you will be given the opportunity to select a new preferred institution/course and second choices base on the options still available.
- After choosing your new preferred institution/course and second choices, click on "Submit" to submit your application.
- Your application will be processed then by the Joint Admission Matriculation Board. And once it is approved, your details will be changed.
Please note that you can do a change of institution just once, so think twice and check everything several times.