- Alvaro Morata has confirmed that he will stay at Chelsea next season
- He has being linked with a move back to Italian club Juventus
- The Spain international joined Chelsea from Real Madrid last season
Despite being seriously linked with a move away from the Premier League, Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata has confirmed that he will stay at Stamford Bridge next season.
The Spain international joined the Blues last year from Spanish giants Real Madrid, and helped Chelsea to win the FA Cup last term beating Manchester United in the final.
Morata struck just 11 Premier League goals in his debut campaign in England and ended up second choice to Olivier Giroud in Antonio Conte's plans.
“On the first day of pre-season I spoke to Marina Granovskaia and with the manager and I said I want to stay at Chelsea.
“They told me they have a lot of confidence in me and they want me to stay too. So everything was perfect.
“The easiest thing would have been to leave Chelsea this year. I could have gone back to Italy. My wife is Italian. It is one hour to her home.
"I could have gone back to Spain, I had a lot of offers. More money. But I want to fight. I want to change the past.
“I’d have had low pressure, because I’d already played in Italy and Spain and done good things. But I decided to stay here. I wanted to,'' Morata told Mirror.
Earlier, NAIJ.com had reported how Chelsea and Spanish football forward Alvaro Morata and wife Alice Campello welcomed a set of twin-boys.on Sunday, July 29.
The former Juventus star and Alice Campello have been married since June 2017, and they have named their twins Alessandro and Leonardo.
Football Transfers That Shocked The World | Naij.com TV