The ancient Sumerians and Egyptians called onion the plant of the Gods and believed that the whole world is arranged on the model of a multi-layer bulb. In Ancient Egypt, it was a symbol of energy and immortality, so it was eaten in large numbers. The ancient Greeks valued it as a medicine, but rarely added onions to their food, considering it a food of the common people because of the sharp smell. Roman Legionnaires used a lot of this vegetable, believing that it makes warriors fearless. Keep reading to know more about onion benefits for men.
Health benefits of onions for men
What are the health benefits of onions for men? We strongly believe that every man should know about the advantages of this strong vegetable to his overall health. Onions do not only help to increase cholesterol, regulate blood sugar, and support the heart in tone but also strengthens the immune system and work as a preventive remedy for many threats to men's health. Onion is not only a great addition to any dish and a beneficial vegetable, but it has an inexhaustible number of benefits for men's body.
1. Increases libido
In the onion, there are chromiums and seleno, which act as an aphrodisiac. It is known that chromium minerals contribute to the rapid flow of blood to the men's area. In turn, this improves men's sexual performance.
2. Strengthens the male reproductive organs
Useful substances contained in onions contribute to the smooth flow of blood throughout the body, which increases the duration of sexual intercourse.
3. Increases testosterone levels
Testosterone is a male hormone that plays an essential role in the reproductive system. This special hormone is significant in the production of seminal fluid. It also affects the development of bone and muscle tissue.
What are white onion benefits for men: onion diet tips to fight adenoma
Onion diet is a very effective way of dealing with adenoma. Unfortunately, a high percentage of men struggle with this health problem all over the world.
Onion is appreciated for its ability to clean the vessels from toxins, reduce blood pressure, and cleanse the body as a whole. The effect is increased by nuts and sunflower seeds that are added to the onion diet, then recovery occurs much earlier due to the increased content of nutrients.
The diet is designed for a month. On the morning of the first day, half an hour before eating, you need to eat a small raw onion. On the second day at the same time, instead of onions, you need to consume 50 g of raw peeled sunflower seeds. On the third day, before breakfast on an empty stomach, eat about 75 g of kernels of walnuts. On the fourth day, you again need to eat raw onions and so on.
During the month, you must strictly adhere to the consumption of onions, seeds, and nuts, without changing the sequence and without missing days. The effect will be noticeable after the first two weeks, but at the end of the allotted period, the body needs a break for two to three months, after which the diet can be repeated.
READ ALSO: Best lunch food items for weight loss
Benefits of eating raw onions everyday
Onions have other unique health benefits you can enjoy:
- A natural antibiotic. Onions help a lot with viral and colds, but many people do not know that this vegetable is considered as a home remedy for streptococci, tuberculosis sticks, and dysentery.
- Strong immune system. In addition, onion strengthens the immune system, and it is extremely useful to use for preventive purposes. So to be on a safe side and prevent yourself from colds and infections, it is better to include onions in your daily diet.
- Activation of metabolism in the body. Onions lead to blood purification and remove excess fluid from the body. This vegetable helps to stimulate the digestive process and copes well with abdominal pain. It is highly recommended to use onion juice for this purpose.
- Skin benefits. Thanks to the carotene, which is contained in onion in large quantities, many people use it for cosmetic purposes and for making various cleansing masks.
- Disinfectant properties. Onion is very often used during military operations, as it can kill germs and acts as an antibiotic. It is enough to put the onion or its leaves on the wound, and it will be completely free from germs and possible infections. Onions are also useful for various kinds of inflammation both inside the body and external wounds.
As you have noticed onion is a vegetable that must be in the diet of every man. Eat onions every day and stay healthy.
READ ALSO: Banana benefits for men