- Paul Pogba has informed players and Ed Woodward he wants to switch Man United for Barcelona
- The 25-year-old is unhappy with life under Portuguese manger Jose Mourinho
- Manchester United maintain Pogba will not be sold just two years after his return
Manchester United French star Paul Pogba has told club’s chiefs he is keen to leave the Premier League side after reportedly agreeing a £350,000-a-week deal with Spanish giants Barcelona.
According to a UK Daily Mail report, the Frenchman has also informed club mates and backroom staff that he wants to quit the Old Trafford outfit two seasons after completing a then world record £89million switch from Juventus.
The report further revealed that the 25-year-old France World Cup winner sent a text message to Manchester United chief Ed Woodward, expressing his desire to leave, although the club failed to confirm the latest development.
United insist Pogba is not for sale, just 48 hours before Jose Mourinho’s side kick off their Premier League campaign at home to Leicester, less than 24 hours left to England’s end of summer transfers at 5pm on Thursday.
The Premier League giants are now faced with the prospect of keeping an unhappy squad member, who is set to earn a basic wage of £9.62m this season, plus a £3.78m loyalty bonus or grant Pogba’s wish and open negotiations with Barcelona. The Spanish transfer deadline end on the last day of this month.
The report also claim that the France international has agreed terms on a deal worth £89.5m over five years with a basic salary of £18m equivalent to £346,000 a week pay through his agent Mino Raiola and has set his heart on a switch to the Spanish topflight.
Raiola will not speak on the situation when contacted on Tuesday, saying: “I will never make declarations about Paul. You have to speak to Manchester United.”
It is believed that Pogba wants to ply his trade in Spain alongdside Lionel Messi and his old Juventus pal Arturo Vidal who move from Bayern to Barcelona last week.
The Frenchman is reportedly not enjoying life at Old Trafford under Mourinho after the relationship between the pair deteriorated rapidly during last campaign.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously had reported that Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has told superagent Jorge Mendes to set up a deal for Sergej Milinkovic-Savic as a Paul Pogba replacement.
The Portuguese manager has been left frustrated by United's transfer plans this summer. During their pre-season tour in USA, Mourinho has taken a pop at his squad, individual players and even vice-chairman Ed Woodward.
The 55-year-old had expected at least two more signings and is desperate to sign a new centre-back with Toby Alderweireld heavily touted.
Football Transfers That Shocked The World | Naij.com TV