Welsh footballer Brendon Holder dies after leaving depressing message on social media

Welsh footballer Brendon Holder dies after leaving depressing message on social media

- Brendon Holder was found dead after posting an emotional message on social media

- The Welsh footballer uploaded a photo of himself as a baby with his mum in his last post

- His club Carmarthen Stars canceled their matches slated for the coming weekend

A young footballer named Brendon Holder was found dead hours after he posted a heartbreaking message on Facebook saying ‘bye’ to his friends.

The 24-year-old died at his home in Pembroke, west Wales, on Saturday morning.

Heartfelt tributes have been paid to the youngster who has been remembered as a talented footballer who played for Carmarthen Stars.

In an emotional post on the day of his death, Holder said ‘sorry’ to his friends on Facebook, Wales News reported.

READ ALSO: Giroud and Hazard persuade Fekir to join Chelsea instead of Liverpool

He wrote: "Sorry for anyone I hurt. Please don’t think I’m selfish. I wasn’t the best of sons and friend. I am sorry see you all soon….can’t wait to see you mum. Sorry for who I hurt. Bye guys."

Holder uploaded a photo of himself as a baby with his mother in a final post minutes later.

Jamie, his brother led the tributes, describing Holder as a ‘dedicated and loving brother that was brave and adventurous’.

He said: "Brendon touched the lives of many and he will be dearly missed by everyone."

Welsh club Carmarthen Stars have cancelled both games due to take place this weekend and posted their own tribute to Holder on social media.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

The club wrote: "Devastated to lose such a really nice guy and a talented player who scored a number of goals for the club and helped the seconds with promotion.

"Both firsts and seconds games were called off today. Thoughts are with all those who are close to him. You will be missed by all at the club. Brendon Holder RIP."

The Dyfed-Powys Police also made a statement saying: "The force was made aware of the sudden death of a 24-year-old man at an address in Thomas Street, Pembroke, during the early hours of Saturday, August 4.

"Next of kin and HM Coroner have been informed, and the death is not being treated as suspicious."

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had earlier reported that Former 400 meters hurdles world champion Nicholas Bett has died in a road crash in Sochoi near Lessos in Nandi.

His death was confirmed by his family and Nandi Police Commander Patrick Wambani who said Bett died on the spot after the car he was driving veered off the road and landed in a ditch.

John Mikel Obi's Father Was Kidnapped - NAIJ.com TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
Ex-Manchester United star reveals what Paul Pogba must do at Old Trafford

Ex-Manchester United star reveals what Paul Pogba must do at Old Trafford

Ex-Manchester United star reveals what Paul Pogba must do at Old Trafford
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel