To scan WhatsApp code is not that tricky but sometimes you may need help with it. If you keep on reading, you will find out how to do it easily and quickly, without much trouble. Just follow the directions carefully and you will do everything in a matter of minutes.
Scan WhatsApp login code
Scanning of the WhatsApp code is necessary to enter the WhatsApp application on a computer and have the access to the existing profile from both the phone and computer. There’s still no other way to connect the mobile application with the computer one except this way.
READ ALSO: How to unsubscribe from MTN WhatsApp monthly
To be able to do this, you need to make sure that your phone works normally and the camera is in a proper condition. In case the camera is broken or cannot focus properly, it’s unlikely that you will be able to scan the code and receive the access to the computer WhatsApp application. However, if everything is working fine, you should follow the instructions below, which will guide you through the scanning process easily and quickly.
How to scan WhatsApp code on iPhone
- First, open the official website of the WhatsApp application. If you have already downloaded the desktop software, run it. You will see the code in the center of your screen or in the center of the program window
- Now, run the WhatsApp application on the phone. If you are not logged into your account, you will need to log in first and verify your phone number before you can proceed
- Tap the “Settings” menu line. In case the WhatsApp now opens on the screen where conversations take place, tap the “Back” button to return to the main screen
- Now, you need to find and tap the menu “WhatsApp Desktop”
- When you see the button “OK Got it”, tap it. This manipulation will run the scanner, which you need to keep on working with the code
- In case you have a running WhatsApp Desktop on another computer and you are logged in, ignore this fact and first of all, tap the “Scan QR code” line
READ ALSO: How to do MTN WhatsApp subscription
- Turn your phone so that the camera looks directly at the code in the center of the program window. Make sure there’s enough space between the camera and the screen (about one foot)
- When the code is scanned, you will see the page on the computer screen refresh and there will be all your conversations, contacts, and messages
As you can see, there’s nothing very complicated in the process and you can easily complete it with these instructions. Now, let’s see how to operate if you have another phone operation system.
How to scan WhatsApp code on Android
- Again, you need to go to the website of the application, first of all. If you are still not logged in with the application at the website, you will see the code in the center of your screen
- Now, run the application on your Android-powered phone. If you are still not logged in the phone application, you need to pass the procedure of number verification and log into your account before you can proceed
- This done, tap the tree dots in the top right corner of the screen. This will call the dropdown menu. In case the application opens the screen that’s meant for conversations and messages, tap the “Back” button to return to the main menu screen
- Now, tap the menu line headed “WhatsApp Web” or “WhatsApp Desktop”. This will activate the scanner in your phone
- After this, tap the “OK Got it” button, which will appear on the screen. In case you are logged in the WhatsApp desktop application on some another computer, you will need to tap the big plus sign (“+”), which is located in the top right corner of the mobile application screen
- Catch the code in the focus of the camera of your phone. The distance between the screen of the computer and camera should be no smaller than a foot
- The code will be scanned and the computer screen will be refreshed. You will see all your contacts, conversations, and messages
Now when you know how to scan a code on WhatsApp with phone and even phones with different operating systems, you need to know several important things. For instance, if it takes you too much time to scan the code, its validity will expire. If it happens, you shouldn’t panic. It can be refreshed easily with the help of a special button named “Refresh Code”. You will see it on the screen.
It happens sometimes that people are afraid that someone else has scanned their code and received the access to their messages and contacts. In case you suspect something of this kind, you need to proceed to the mobile application and enter the Settings menu. There, you will find a line, through which you will be able to log out from the account in all the desktop versions of the application.
In order to keep personal information and conversations secure and confidential, don’t forget to log out of the application each time after you have finished working with it. This is especially important if you are working on a shared computer.
READ ALSO: How to download WhatsApp on Android