- The 41-year-old took to social media to thank his supporters for the love they showed him during his trying time
- He revealed he is likely to be discharged from the hospital on Monday after making good recovery in the last hours
- The former Barcelona star was rushed into a hospital in Spain on Friday after suffering a terrible illness
Brazil legend Ronaldo has disclosed that his getting better barely 48 hours after being struck down with pneumonia on Friday.
The former Real Madrid superstar was said to have been diagnosed lung illness caused by a heavy cold and was rushed into a hospital in Ibiza island while on holiday.
However, the two-time FIFA World Cup winner admitted that he was rushed to the hospital in a social media post on Sunday as reported by the Mirror.
He revealed that he is already getting better and stand a big chance to return home on Monday, adding that he was delighted with the love and support he got from everyone.
Ronaldo said: "Friends, I had a strong flu in Ibiza and I had to be admitted to hospital but everything is now in order."
"I'm being discharged and going home tomorrow. Thank you all for your love and messages."
The 41-year-old is currently being treated in the intensive care in Ibiza after being struck down by pneumonia.
Reports in Spain claim the former striker owns a house in Ibiza and is understood to have flown out for a summer break only a few days ago.
The former Barcelona and Real Madrid striker towards the end of his career had some health issues due to thyroid trouble which affected his weight.
However the pneumonia is likely to have been triggered by an unrelated bacterial infection.
Symptoms, which include a cough and difficulty breathing, can develop suddenly over 24 to 48 hours.
It can be life-threatening, especially among the elderly and those with underlying health conditions.
NAIJ.com previously reported that Ronaldo was rushed to a hospital in Ibiza, Spain after suffering pneumonia on Friday.
According to reports, the former Real Madrid star was rushed to Can Misses Hospital on Friday evening , August 9 after coming down with pneumonia.
The two-time World Cup champion reportedly asked for a transfer to a private health facility identified as Clinica Nuestra Señora del Rosario later that night before being taken to intensive care.
Who is the better coach, Mourinho or Conte? - on NAIJ.com TV