PENCOM recruits chide Osinbajo over death of colleague, suspension of appointments

PENCOM recruits chide Osinbajo over death of colleague, suspension of appointments

- The death of a recruit of the National Pension Commission (PENCOM), Ajiya Mustapha, have been blamed on the suspension of appointment carried out by the presidency

- Colleagues of the deceased alleged that their appointments were indefinitely suspended by the acting president, Yemi Osinbajo

- The recruits claimed that this move by the presidency has left them unemployed for more than one year

Recruits into the National Pension Commission (PENCOM), have petitioned the acting president Yemi Osinbajo following the suspension of their appointments which they said has caused the death of a colleague, Ajiya Mustapha, Vanguard reports.

READ ALSO: Benue govt has no reason to owe workers - Legislator

In a Save our Soul (SOS) message to Osinbajo dated Wednesday, August 9, and signed by two of them, Mustapha Sadiq and Ismaila Oluwatosin Gazail, on behalf of the affected recruits, they described the blocking of their assumption of duty since May 2017, as “unfortunate” and their conditions as “pitiful.”

In the message, the recruits wrote: “After the completion of a successful aptitude test, which was conducted in December 2016/January 2017, and further to various rigorous interviews and screening processes, we were employed as staff of PENCOM via offer Letters of Employment dated March 2017.

“In line with our Letter of Employment, we were to resume our duties on May 2nd and 5th June 2017, respectively. We signed and dropped our acceptance letters with the Commission accordingly. However, to our surprise, prior to the date of resumption, we were informed via telephone calls that our resumption had been postponed indefinitely.

“Note that upon collection of our various Letters of Employment in March 2017 and the resumption dates stipulated therein, we resigned from our previous places of employment. As such we have been totally unemployed for over one year now.”

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Replying their letter dated 4th April 2018 and referenced as 56331/S.3/C2/I/T/99, the SGF, said: “A response from the Commission stated that the decision was based on the need to allow for a review of the earlier recruitment exercise(s) to: ensure compliance with Extant Laws and due process; recruitment within approved manpower establishment; and provide required infrastructure to accommodate new appointees.”

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com reported that the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) had dismissed reports that it had commenced a purported recruitment exercise.

NAIJ.com gathered that claims online said NAICOM had announced vacancies in various positions, with a link provided for interested applicants.

But the head, corporate communications, NAICOM, Rasaq Salami, described the report of the purported recruitment exercise as a fraud.

Is it really difficult to get a job in Nigeria? On NAIJ.com TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel