Sometimes life gets too hard that you need to take a break and have a laugh. For that purpose, we have prepared some funny quotes about life that can keep you going even if you feel like you cannot. So check them out and who knows, maybe they will even inspire you to do something great!
Top positive quotes about life
Let’s start things off simple: just twenty funny life quotes that will bring a smile to your face after a long day at work or just when you are bored out of your skull and looking for something to entertain you. Check them out:
- I didn't fall, I'm just spending some quality time with the floor.
- I really should do something with my life... maybe tomorrow.
- At the end of the day life should ask us "Are you sure you want to save the changes?"
- Of all my body parts my eyes get the most exercise, I do at least a thousand eye rolls every day.
- All my life I thought air was free, until I bought a bag of chips.
- When life closes a door, just open it again. It's a door, that's how they work.
- Don't give up on your dreams so soon, sleep longer.
- What do I do for a living? I breathe in and out.
- God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face.
READ ALSO: Funny friendship quotes and sayings
- If we were on a sinking ship, and there was only one life vest... I would miss you so much.
- Me: For the first time in life, things seem to be getting better. Life: LOL, give me a second!
- There's life without Facebook and Internet? Really? Send me the link.
- Dear life, when I said "can this day get any worse" it was a rhetorical question, not a challenge.
- The best things in life are free. The rest are too expensive.
- Today I will live in the moment... unless that moment becomes unpleasant, in which case I'll take a nap.
- There's something missing in my life, I just don't know if it's a puppy, a person, or a slice of pizza.
- Life is like a very long TV show, without a remote control.
- Lazy is such an ugly word. I prefer to call it selective participation.
- Some things are better left unsaid, which I certainly realize, right after I say them.
- I like to live life dangerously by occasionally sticking my foot out over the edge of the bed at night.
20 quotes about life that are both funny and smart
READ ALSO: Happy Sunday quotes for friends
Now, if you are looking for something more intellectual (but still funny), then allow us to offer you some life quotes from famous writers, actors, comedians and other smart individuals. Here are the quotes:
- Winston Churchill: ‘A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.’
- Elbert Hubbard: ‘Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.’
- Mark Twain: ‘Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.’
- Benjamin Franklin: ‘I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.’
- Terry Pratchett: ‘I’d rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.’
- Woody Allen: ‘I’m not afraid of death; I just don’t want to be there when it happens.’
- Arthur C. Clarke: ‘I’m sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It’s just been too intelligent to come here.’
- Steven Wright: ‘If at first you don’t succeed then skydiving definitely isn’t for you.’
- Woody Allen: 'If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank.'
- Lawrence Ferlinghetti: ‘If you’re too open-minded; your brains will fall out.’
- Will Rogers: ‘Never miss a good chance to shut up.’
- Bill Watterson: ‘Reality continues to ruin my life.’
- Mindy Kaling: ‘There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it.’
- George V. Higgins: ‘This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.’
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.: ‘Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.’
- Oscar Wilde: ‘To get back my youth, I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable.’
- George Carlin: ‘When I ask how old your toddler is, I don’t need to hear ’27 months.’ ‘He’s two’ will do just fine. He’s not a cheese. And I didn’t really care in the first place.’
- Laurell K. Hamilton: ‘When in doubt, ignore and be horribly unimpressed.’
- Cathy Guisewite: ‘When life gives you lemons, squіrt someone in the eye.’
Our top 10 favorite quotes on life
READ ALSO: Time management quotes for students
Of course, we could not just let you go with the forty quotes on life and without our personal opinion. Thus, we want to offer you ten best quotes on life that make us smile even in the hardest moments, here they are:
- Stephen Fry: ‘I don't need you to remind me of my age. I have a bladder to do that for me.’
- Douglas Adams: ‘I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.’
- Terry Pratchett: ‘Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.’
- Neil deGrasse Tyson: ‘Perhaps we've never been visited by aliens because they have looked upon Earth and decided there's no sign of intelligent life.’
- Neil Gaiman: ‘Life - and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison - is a disease: s*xually transmitted, and invariably fatal.’
- Bill Nye: ‘The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it.’
- Ricky Gervais: ‘When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It’s only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.’
- Bo Burnham: ‘When life gets you down, make a comforter.’
- David Bowie: ‘The moment you know you know you know.’
- J.R.R. Tolkien: ‘It's a dangerous business going out your front door.’
Life is a complicated yet ridiculous thing, so you should not take it too seriously. Otherwise, you might miss all of it worrying about little things. So sit back every once in a while and have a good laugh.