GEJ secured release of some Chibok girls - Abati

GEJ secured release of some Chibok girls - Abati

- Reuben Abati has disclosed that GEJ secured the release of some kidnapped Chibok girls, but did not make the development public

- He said the Jonathan administration was advised against making the release public in order to protect the identities of the freed girls

- He said the DSS and NIA will have records of the releases

The former special adviser on media and publicity to former president Goodluck Jonathan, Reuben Abati, says the former president secured the release of some Chibok girls but did not publicise it.

According to The Cable, he made the disclosure during a show he anchored on Arise TV on Wednesday, August 15.

READ ALSO: Ex PDP senator defects to APC

NAIJ.com gathers that Abati disclosed that the Jonathan administration was advised against making the release public in order to protect the identities of the freed girls, by the then national security adviser, Col Sambo Dasuki.

To prove his point, Abati urged Femi Adesina, the special adviser on media and publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, to confirm the information from the Department of State Services (DSS) and National Intelligence Agency (NIA).

He said: “There was headway. We rescued many of the girls; but the advice from the NSA at the time was that we should not publicise it because of the identities of those girls. I witnessed it on many occasions. Those girls were brought to the president.

“He met with them. In fact, some of them were sent to schools in the United States and United Kingdom.

“There were strict instructions not to publicise it because government thought that the identities of those girls should not be exposed. But l saw you guys making a dance out of the ones you rescued.

“In our time, we rescued some girls but we were under strict instruction not to publicise it. Check the records. The DSS, the intelligence agency, you should ask them. They will have the records.”

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that the co-convener of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) group, Aisha Yesufu, told President Muhammadu Buhari to stop comparing himself with immediate past president Goodluck Jonathan.

Her comment was in response to the president’s statement in Dapchi, Yobe state; that his administration had responded better to the Dapchi situation than the Jonathan government did, after the Chibok schoolgirls were abducted.

Mother of Chibok girl laments - on NAIJ.com TV:

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
Obasanjo farm reportedly sealed off over tax payment

Tax default: Oyo state government reportedly seal off Obasanjo farm

Obasanjo farm reportedly sealed off over tax payment
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel