- Following IPOB’s sit-at-home order, the Enugu Police Command has warned parents not to allow their kids be misguided by troublemakers
- The command called on residents of the state to go about their lawful businesses without fear of intimidation
- It warned that anybody found fomenting trouble or creating panic in the minds of the law abiding members of the public would be punished
The Police Command in Enugu state has warned parents and guardians not to allow their children or wards to be misguided by trouble makers and unpatriotic elements under any guise.
The warning was contained in a statement issued on Wednesday, September 12, in Enugu, NAN reports.
NAIJ.com gathers that the statement came against the backdrop of the September 14 sit-at-home order in the southeast by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).
The statement was signed by the police public relations of the command, SP Ebere Amaraizu.
Amaraizu called on the residents of the state to go about their lawful businesses without fear of intimidation as security agencies “are on top of the situation’’.
He said the police and sister security agencies were prepared to protect them and maintain the existing peace and security in the state no matter the cost or sacrifice from personnel of security agencies in the state.
“The command is warning parents and guardians not allow their children or wards to be used by any person or group under any guise to disrupt peace, intimidate or harass law abiding members of the public.
“The command enjoins members of the public to go about their normal lawful businesses in the state without any fear of molestation in mind.
“You should call the following command’s distress call numbers: 08032003702, 08075390883, 08086671202 and 08098880172. Also reach us via our social media platforms: @PoliceNg _Enugu (twitter page), Facebook page of nigeriapoliceforceenugustatecommand," he said.
The command warned that anybody found fomenting trouble or creating panic in the minds of the law abiding members of the public would be punished.
“The command will bring the full weight of the law on such an individual or group,’’ it said.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that following the sit-at-home order issued by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), heads of security agencies in Imo state on Monday, September 10, vowed to crush members of the proscribed group.
Among those who declared readiness to crush IPOB were the brigadier commander, 34 Artillery Brigade, Obinze-Owerri, HI Bature and the Imo state commissioner of police, Dasuki Galadanchi.
Ojukwu's bunker during Biafra conflict - on NAIJ.com TV: