Reports by The Nation have it that Babajide Sanwoolu, All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship aspirant in Lagos state, has appointed coordinators for his campaign for the party’s ticket.
The names of the coordinators were contained in a statement yesterday by the Director General of the campaign in Lagos, Tayo Ayinde.
The lists include: 1. Mobilisation – Alhaji Abdullah Enilolobo
2. Special Duties- Hon. Adeniran Onilude
3. Fund raising – Tobi Lawal.
4. Legal – Hon. SOB Agunbiade.
5. Research and Intelligence- Hon. Wasiu Eshilokun.
6. NGO, Civil Society & Students- Hon. Kola Egunjobi.
7. Media & Publicity- Hon. Sesan Dani
8. Security – Hon Bolaji Ariyo.
9. Planning & Strategy- Hon. Jimi Benson
10. Women Affairs – Hon Bolanle Akinyemi – Obe.
11. Ethnic Affairs- Hon. Wale Adelana.
12. Welfare – Hon Ayoola Fatai.
13. Finance – Hon. Kolade Alabi
14. Party Affairs- Hon. Abiodun Mafe
15. Medical and Safety – Dr Sulaimon Aleshinloye.
16. Volunteers’ group- Hon. Kamal Olohrunoje.
17. Youth- Hon. Fuad Atanda – Lawal
18. Religion- Rev. Samuel Olufemi Ogedengbe.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our app to enjoy the latest news updates
1. Coordinator Lagos West- Hon. Rasak Ajala
2. Coordinator Lagos Central- Hon Wahab Alawiye King.
3. Coordinator Lagos East- Mayor Dele Oshinowo
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that as report of a rift between Governor Akinwumi Ambode and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu continued to grow, the national leader of the APC gave the nod for all aspirants to participate in the Lagos primary election.
Governor Ambode has declared his intention to run for a second term as governor of the state but faces competition from two formidable aspirants, Femi Hamzat and Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
Ambode had deployed friends and associates to meet with Tinubu but the latter reportedly said he could not ask any aspirant to step down for him.
In a related development, President Buhari went into a closed door meeting with Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, a national leader of the ruling APC over the fate of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos state who is seeking a second term in office.
Asource in the presidency who spoke with Daily Independent said he is hopeful that the crisis between Tinubu and his estranged godson would be amicably resolved after the meeting with the president.
Senator Kwankwaso Rabiu announces his Presidential Bid (Election 2019) | - on NAIJ.com TV: