Smokeshow. Smoky eyes. Sultry-looking gaze. Yeah, we'd agree that a smoky eye steals the show when you're headed out at night - clearly these celebs got that same memo prior to stepping out on the Emmy Awards' red carpet.
Dying to wear a smoky eye? Use these tips from makeup artist Robyn Tamura:
1. Cover your eyelid with a sheer wash of a light gray eye shadow, blending it up toward your brow bone. This serves as your base color.
2. Use a waterproof black kohl pencil, like Sephora Collection Kohl Waterproof Eyeliner in Keep Black, to line the inner and outer rim of your lash lines.
3. Blend a black eye shadow (or deep plum if you don't want it to be so dark) from your upper lash line to the crease of your eye.
4. Generously smudge the shadow on and around the outline of your eye (use the smudger sponge tip on the other side of your eyeliner pencil).
5. Finish with generous coats of dramatic black mascara.
Want to recreate these celeb looks at home? Read on:
To get Ginnifer's look: Line your upper lashline with a thick black kohl liner, winging it out at the outer corner of your eye and then smudging it a little; leave some space between the lid and the crease. Then, trace your crease with a thick black liner, drawing it on until you almost reach the inner corner of your eye. Keep the bottom lashes and lash line clean (aka don't apply any black makeup).
To get Claire's look: Concentrate the effect around your lash lines only, using liner rather than shadow; apply a bright white shadow on inner corners of your eyes for contrast.
To get Lena's look: Line your entire eye with black liner, creating a flick at the outer corner of your eye and smudging it out for an imperfect effect. Then, top it with eye shadow for a matte, smoky appearance.
Will you be sporting a sexy, smoky eye this Saturday night?