Many people are marrying early these days. They would like to get into matrimony as soon as their courtship is over. Tying the knot is important to strengthen their relationship. They feel settling down in life early would help them set up their independent home.
Whatever may be the advantages of settling down early in life, the fact remains there are problems to be faced if one gets into matrimony too quickly.
Examples are :
1. Responsibility has to be shouldered at a very young age. One has to take on household responsibilities, child rearing responsibility etc. There is no adult to guide or help out.
2. Missing out on the fun of teenage life and being young. The drudgeries of married life can get to you. They deprive you of your youth.
3. Health also can get affected as early pregnancy can have a negative impact on overall health.
4. Breakdown of marriage is possible. Often the young couple is immature to shoulder major responsibility and end up fighting with each other. Adjustment problems may arise.
5. Education also gets affected. The young couple may not be able to pursue higher education as they have to take on the responsibilities of family budget.
6. Work opportunities are limited for the youngsters. Since their education levels are low, they cannot get highly paid jobs.
7. Bringing up children may be difficult. Their knowledge of child care may be limited and parental guidance is also not there. They may not be able to provide the appropriate care for their child.
Marrying early may seem very romantic and convenient, but it has its problems. Couples need to get to know each other better and this takes time. Rushing into a marriage, which may not last long does not appear the right thing to do. In some countries, where child marriage is prevalent, efforts are on by respective Governments to dissuade such a practice.