- The fire outbreak razed the entire house and killed a father and two daughters
- The fire was caused as they were cooking close to the place they put a keg of fuel which exploded
Tragedy struck in Lagos, Nigeria last night as overnight fire roasted four people and destroyed properties worth millions of naira.
A fire outbreak at number 5 Adebiyi Street, Somolu Oja razed the entire house and killed a father and two daughters
The fire was said to have been caused by indiscriminate storage of Petroleum Premium Spirit (PMS) by the father.
READ ALSO: From Nigeria to the world, read what Uganda came to understudy in Sokoto
Another fire incident at 48 Oyedele Street, off Liasu Road, Egbe claimed the life of an an adult male.
Mr. Rasak Fadipe, director, Lagos State Fire Service confirmed the tragedy, saying that the name of the father and two daughters roasted by fire are Mr Shade, and the two daughters, Adura 16 years and Mistura, 18 years.
According to him, they were cooking closed to the place they put a keg of fuel, which exploded and killed the three people.
Fadipe warned Lagosians not to store fuel at this period as such act was very dangerous, while advising landlords to ensure that their tenants did not store fuel in their houses.
READ ALSO: El-Rufai, the Herod of Kaduna will die – Apostle Johnson Suleman
On the other fire tragedy, the fire boss said a grandchild lit a candle and went out to play as the candle fell, leading to an outbreak of fire which consumed the grandfather.
He appealed to Lagosians not to use candle in their houses as several fire cases had occurred as a result of candle stick.