All latest news about Borno state from Naij.com
The Borno Police Command said its men had rescued herdsmen and over 200 cattle from Boko Haram insurgents at Nganzai Local Government Area of the state. The Commissioner, Mr Damian Chukwu, disclosed while briefing newsmen.
A 35-year-old Nigerian, Haruna Yahaya, was on Monday, February 12, sentenced by the Federal High Court sitting in Wawa Cantonment, Kainji, Niger state, to 15 years imprisonment for terrorism offences after his conviction.
Gabriel Ikese writes a glowing tribute on Mallam Yusufu Buratai who passed away recently in Maiduguri, Borno state. Mallam Buratai is the father of Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai.
A 14-year-old girl only identified as Falmata, has narrated how she survived, after being ordered to carry out suicide missions, twice, by Boko Haram terrorists. The terrorists first took her to a makeshift camp when she was 13.
Alhaji Yusuf, the father of Nigeria's Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt Gen Tukur Buratai who died in Maiduguri as announced by Brig Gen SK Usman, the spokesperson of the security organisation, has been buried amid tears.
Maj.-Gen. Rogers Nicholas, the theatre commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, said the ongoing counter-insurgency operation in the northeast is guided by Rules of Engagement, Operational Code of Conduct, and respect for human rights.
The Borno Government in a meeting says it has reconstructed over 50, 000 houses; clinics, classrooms, water points, police stations and other public structures destroyed by the Boko Haram insurgents in the past two years.
Brigade commander of 22 Army Brigade in Dikwa, Borno state, Brigadier General John Ochai, has assured returnee residents of Dikwa local government area that the place is now safe and urged them to tell others to return home.
The minister of defence, Mansur Dan-Ali, and the chairman, Senate committee on Defence, Abubakar Kyari on Monday, February 5, disagreed on Boko Haram’s level of control of territory in some local government areas in Borno state.
Members of the extremist group, Boko Haram, stormed Koffa, a community near Maiduguri, Borno state on Sunday, killing no less than 3 people and setting fire to about 57 homes. Seven people sustained various kinds of injuries.
Nigeria will consider the absorption into the armed forces some members of civilian Joint Task Force who are assisting the military in fighting Boko Haram. The minister of defence, Mansur Dan-Ali, disclosed this on February 5
The governor of Borno, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, on Monday, February 5, commended the Nigerian military for the successes recorded so far in the war against Boko Haram. He also hailed the military for demonstrating high patriotism.
The minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed has led a federal government’s delegation comprising of four other ministers to Maiduguri the Borno state capital for a special town hall meeting on military and security.
One person has been set on fire and reportedly killed after suspected Boko Haram terrorists attacked Kala village, opposite an Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp in Dalori, Borno state. The terrorists also set houses on fire
The Nigerian army declared on Saturday, February 3, that it has completely defeated the Boko Haram insurgents. The theatre commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Maj-Gen Rogers Nicholas, stated this in Maiduguri, Borno state capital.
The Nigerian army said a total of 84 persons held hostage by the insurgents at Camp Zairo were rescued by the anti-terrorist troops and have been handed over to the Borno State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA).
No fewer than 27 Boko Haram insurgents have voluntarily surrendered to the troops of Operation Lafiya Dole, in Maiduguri. The Theatre Commander, Maj.-Gen. Rogers Nicholas, made the disclosure while briefing newsmen on Friday.
More members of the Boko Haram insurgency group have surrendered to the army in Damboa local government area of Borno state. The repentant terrorists numbering 26 in number were paraded on Friday, February 2, in Maiduguri.
The Borno State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) has confirmed that five persons were killed in the suicide bomb attack at Dalori Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp in Maiduguri on Wednesday, January 31
According to a statement sent to NAIJ.com by the director, army public relations, Brigadier-General Sani Kukasheka Usman, on, Tuesday January 30, the advancing troops had contact with Boko Haram terrorists and engagement ensued.
In efforts to make productive use of the available and large expanse of land, Nigerian army has commenced construction of road network into Sambisa forest. The forest is used as shelter by the Boko Haram terrorist group.
Civilian vehicular movements on the Konduga-Bama-Banki-Bama-Gwoza road and Maiduguri( from Moloi)-Damboa-Gwoza road has been prohibited by the Borno state government as the Nigerian military intensify attacks on Boko Haram.